Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing and blue screen after restart

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hammuraby

hammuraby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

I got a new Lenovo laptop a while ago... it's been working well, until yesterday.  Everything was fine except that it wasn't able to connect to the internet when all the other computers I have could.  So I restarted hoping it would fix the problem.  Bad mistake..

After I restarted, it took about 5 minutes to start up and froze for a minute on the start and login screens and freezes a lot whenever I try to do anything.  Sometimes it functions normally for about 30 seconds but then freezes again.  Clicking on things does nothing, and applications frequently stop responding.

Once, it blue-screened with this message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.  

Also, I managed to get the task manager running and the disk usage is at 100% percent, constantly, even though I am not running anything.  (There was a program called searchindexer.exe listed in the resrouce manager, which I shutdown, and that brought the disk usage down but it didn't seem to fix the problem)

I ran ccleaner to fix the registry, but that didn't solve anything.  Also, I tried running Malwarebytes and AVG antivirus but the computer froze so much that it wasn't working and I just gave up.  Should I try running them again?

(also idk if this is any useful information but even though the computer freezes the cursor is always able to move around freely)

Thanks for any help 

UPDATE: I managed to get it working ten minutes ago.  Nothing was freezing, and Malwarebytes was in the middle of scanning, when another BSOD happened that said KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Edited by hammuraby, 13 August 2013 - 04:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users