Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Improperly shutdown laptop now it powers on over and over never conpleting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 la01503

la01503

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

I was in a hurry and just hit the power button to turn of PC Now when i press the power on button it goes to the Dell logo screen, then Windows XP logo, then to Start up Windows Normally screen (theres other options safe mode, safe mode networking etc,). Then it start all over again, Ive tried going to the F8 screen and trying to start it through there, I've also tried the F12 and tried there. I have also tried taking out battery and power cord and it doesn't change anything it just continue's to power on and off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Try...booting into safe mode...then running the chkdsk /r command from there.

Or...boot into the Recovery Console and run chkdsk /r from there.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users