Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 halukb

halukb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205854/unable-to-boot-computer-hard-disk-smart-status-bad/ - Hamluis.

Hi Tony,

I was searching out for the same smart failure problem and found your post on it at bleepingcomp. If you are still there, and already have found a solution to make the hdd work back then, I'd like to know. I am stuck with this not so smart thing.. I can get my data out, but just can't boot it.. Thanks..

Haluk

some more detail :

same smart hdd problem on the link above, no head clicking though, no bad sectors, fixed tiny file system errors on boot partition, smart check found high error on 'start/stop count' and 'power cycle count' (using "gsmart control"). Thats the only error I could find...

(I've also tried disc copy onto an exact same drive, after the smart error but prior to malfunction, which didn't boot up correctly for some other reason at the seems, maybe due to disc serial. Couldn't fix that either yet..)

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks for the split up Luis..

Edited by halukb, 14 August 2013 - 07:42 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users