Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Ie Address Bar Will Not Work!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 itsjustaname

itsjustaname

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:29 AM

hello, this is my post about my address bar. It looks normal, but has started acting weird this week. When I type in a www address,( anyone) ....I then click on the "go" button....the typed in address becomes blue, but that is all that happens. I have restored default under advanced on internet options, have run spyware and anti virus progs.
Last time it happened earlier this week I used system restore and that cleared it up for one whole day, i.e I could type and it would go, but I am back to square one this morning...cannot figure out what is going on. I can access sites by typing in the search button instead and going there that way...but it is ultra annoying now!
Anyone heard of this before? I have updated everything I can on the microsoft page....any ideas? Thanks!
Jacqui
PS...have just discovered that I need to type in the full http:// part before the www for this address bar to work now....it definately didn't need that before :thumbsup: ...

Edited by itsjustaname, 22 April 2006 - 04:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:05 AM

See Picture

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

PS...have just discovered that I need to type in the full http:// part before the www for this address bar to work now....it definately didn't need that before

It's most likely due to one of the updates you installed. (security update MS06-015)
See this thread and "Papakids" response.

#4 itsjustaname

itsjustaname
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:41 AM

Oh thanks! At least i know now and am not crazy!!!
It must affect everyone who downloaded that update then? :thumbsup:

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

In some way,shape or form, it's hitting many.
Problems range from the one you're experiencing, to video card driver issues, to MS Office problems and so on.
There's supposed to be an updated release of it on the 25th but........?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users