Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone advise? Intermittent internet speed issue while playing online game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shell01

shell01

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Can someone offer some input?  My son has a brand new desktop gaming PC with good specs that is connected wirelessly (he has an internal wireless adapter card.)  We also have a new dual band Linksys router that we purchased within the last month with good specs.  At least every couple of days - sometimes more frequently - he will be in the middle of playing his online game with friends and Skyping when his internet will lose speed, his game will freeze, and the Skype call will either drop or get very poor.  His speed test results show very poor download speeds and ping for at least 1/2 hour or longer before his computer recovers enough to play decently again.  In the meantime, I can bring my laptop - which is connected to the same network - into his room and my speed test results are perfectly fine.  While this is all happening, his wireless signal stays at 5 bars and doesn't lose connection, and the modem and router lights are fine, not blinking or showing any signs of issues.  The ISP (Comcast) has not found any issues with our signal.  Can someone give me any idea as to why this might be happening/what to try?  It's getting very frustrating. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users