Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yahyas

yahyas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

i am new here :bounce:
  *question :can short url with adf.ly :clapping:

:smash: :bubbles:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

welcome. :wizardball:

EDITED: I am not sure about the adf.ly, but you can use only links here that do not hide the true link URL like this:

Link to this thread

Edited by stolen, 13 August 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Since this is primarily a Help site for malware and computer issues. We prefer that you do not obfuscate true link URL's with link shortening URL's.

If you do indeed need to shorten a link we prefer it be done something like this to show the intent of the link.

Here is a link to one of [url=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/configure-early-launch-antimalware-protection/]Bleeping Computers Tutorials[/url]
Which then looks like this: Here is a link to one of Bleeping Computers Tutorials

Unfortunately spammers and less than honorable people like to hide deceptive and dangerous links in shortened URL's. So indeed while they serve a purpose they can and are used for negative purposes. The safety of our membership trumps simplification.

Thank you for understanding our reasons for requesting this.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

@animal. I edited my post, thx for checking me :) 

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thank you for your input as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 yahyas

yahyas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

@admin @stolen THanks for replies ( adf.ly by him you can earn money =

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

We definitely do not allow profiteering with pay for click links. That is considered a form of spam and will result in loss of membership privileges.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 yahyas

yahyas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

@admin Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users