Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

objects are MOVED when I try to open - Also can't use Mac Rogue Remover

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

My Mac has 10.8.4 OS

Anyway now on my Apple when I use my bookmarks to open a site it mostly says OBJECTED MOVED TO HERE and if I click there then sometimes it will open and sometimes it will do nothing.

So I tryed to download the Mac Rogue Remover Tool but I can't seem to open it.   It does something with it but then its invisible.

Don't know if these two things are related but I have my Firefox synced to my Microsoft Windows 7 computer  and my computers gotten infected with stuff which I think I fixed.  Does this have anything to do with my "sync" with Firefox and if it does how do I unsync it???

It appears my files are being redirected near as I can tell???

What the heck is going on - I must be jinxed or star-crossed or really offended the gods.

Edited by JayJax, 12 August 2013 - 08:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Any Windows bugs will not affect Mac OS X. What makes you think you need to use Mac Rogue Remover Tool? Try uninstalling Firefox and then download and install a fresh copy.

Twenty steps to help diagnose and fix system issues

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

My Mac has 10.8.4 OS

Anyway now on my Apple when I use my bookmarks to open a site it mostly says OBJECTED MOVED TO HERE and if I click there then sometimes it will open and sometimes it will do nothing.

So I tryed to download the Mac Rogue Remover Tool but I can't seem to open it.   It does something with it but then its invisible.

Don't know if these two things are related but I have my Firefox synced to my Microsoft Windows 7 computer  and my computers gotten infected with stuff which I think I fixed.  Does this have anything to do with my "sync" with Firefox and if it does how do I unsync it???

It appears my files are being redirected near as I can tell???

What the heck is going on - I must be jinxed or star-crossed or really offended the gods.

If the bookmarks are misbehaving on the Mac and you are syncing to bookmarks on the Windows computer, then it is possible that the infection messed up the bookmarks on the Windows computer, which then synced the messed up bookmarks to your Mac.

Is just bookmarks that are doing this?

If so, then you might try disabling the syncing. You may then still need to "fix" the various bookmarks if they have already been "messed up" and synced. If you have a backup, then you might be able to restore your bookmarks from the backup.

#4 saraomran

saraomran

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Only bookmarks are behaving like this or anything else too? I don't think it has anything to do with your Firefox being synced with Windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users