Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 error 530 authentication is required before sending [010700]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ezrway

Ezrway

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hello,

I just started getting an error today when I try to send or reply to an email using Outlook 2003 from either my primary email account that goes through my ISP or my Hotmail email account (using the outlook hotmail connector).  I tried rebooting, no change.  I also tried "Help, Detect and Repair using the Restore my shortcuts while repairing option selected.  Over the weekend I installed a VPN from Private Internet Access and I have tried sending emails with it enabled and disabled and the send still fails with this error:

Task 'pop-server.nycap.rr.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'

I logged on to my ISP's webmail site and was able to send an email to both of my email accounts in Outlook.  I have been running Outlook 2003 on this PC since July and this is the first error I haven't been able to resolve. Any help is appreciated.  I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 as an O/S.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ezrway

Ezrway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

OK, I just tried something I was absolutely sure I had already tried, disabling the VPN.  Well I just disabled it and now I can send email from both accounts.  I apologize for wasting anyone's time that looked into this. How do i have this post marked as closed?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

How do i have this post marked as closed?

There is no official "closing" of topics (i.e. preventing additional posts). You effectively "closed" it by posting back that you figured out the problem yourself. In general, people will see that and not post anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users