Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 First Getting "Appication Error" now Won't go past welcome screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BShell88

BShell88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hello!

I've been having a problem with my laptop for the past week now.  I'm assuming I became infected with a virus after an Internet download recently.  Basically, here is what happended:

Upon starting my computer and logging in last week I noticed that all the desktop ikons weren't loading up.  I started getting some "bad image" error messages and I so I ran my malwear program and did some research on how to get rid of the problem.  I ended up uninstalling a few useless programs (including webcake). 

Shortly after that, I shut down my computer and restarted it.  Upon restart I again noticed my desktop ikons weren't loading up and then I started gettting the following messages:

avgui.exe - application error

communicator.exe - application error

werFault.exe - application error

Microsoft Mouse and keyboard center has stopped working

I again wasn't sure what to do, so I started my computer in safemode and ran spybot.  Spybot told me it found numerous problem and that it removed what it could, but to restart my computer to fix all of the problems.  I restarted the computer and now it won't go past the blue welcome screen at all (even in safemode).  The circle ikon just keeps spinning.  Is there something else I can try?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Michelle

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users