Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes often.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marija_peg

marija_peg

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi. I have Win8 for 3 months now. My laptop has been officially repaired 4 times in the last 3 months. I had my hard drive replaced 2 times in a row, because the first time they put another malfunctioning hard drive. Then my motherboard was replaced, the problem was that I couldn't charge my laptop without pressing hard into the charger port. Also, after they replaced the motherboard, I could not start my computer and had to return it again to have it repaired, because "the boot manager was lost/missing" after they replaced the motherboard, they said it is a common problem with win8... Mind you, these repairs were all done in a official computer repair service, and my laptop is still under warranty. What happens now is that my laptop often freezes for no apparent reason... The last two times I was working in Microsoft Word, it just froze, became unresponsive and I did a forced shutdown. Can someone help determine what could be the problem, since I've been using it for a month now and I can't stand it that it is already not working well.. :/

Here's my Speccy info:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EYUfaMsw7J3ASnktmpwC4Kp

EDIT: important info I forgot. Already a couple of times I heard short and fast beeping sounds (2 or 3 short beeps). It happened just now, I was trying to load 3 tabs at once and it got stuck and I heard beeping. And it always happens when I have too many tabs open, or when more than 3 programs are running at the same time... :/

Edited by marija_peg, 12 August 2013 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marija_peg

marija_peg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Please can someone help me? I just heard short and fast beeping sounds, around 20 in a row. I had 6 tabs open and was about to open the 7th when it stopped loading and I just heard the sounds. I also just turned the laptop on from hibernation and had 3 Word documents and a pdf file open. The sound came from the speakers, while I think the ones I wrote about above were from the disc, I think.. Thank you.

#3 at209live

at209live

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Running 2 AVs simultaneously is never a good idea (on any OS). Try uninstalling Avast, leaving Defender in place; reboot and ensure Defender is Enabled and see if issue is resolved.

Your Speccy shows:

Windows Defender
Windows Defender: 
Disabled

Antivirus

avast! Antivirus
Antivirus: 
Enabled
Company Name: 
AVAST Software
Product Version: 
Virus Signature Database: