Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Drivers not working - help!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saculrob

saculrob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi there, I have a Compaq Presario F700 and I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Now I'm darn sure I have an nVidia nForce 6600 in here, but CPU-Z is telling me I have a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" I have downloaded many drivers from the nVidia website which all seem to not work.. 

Anybody able to shed some light??

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saculrob

saculrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sorry for the bump.

Just tried to install the driver (SP42635) which is what nVidia say I need, and I get an error saying that the driver was only made to run on Vista. 

#3 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

what is the full modem number of your laptop? according to the modem you say you have I am showing you have  a NVIDIA GeForce 7000M. according to  http://www.procomparison.info/notebook-laptop/hp/compaq-presario-f700-f780et-kw326ea.html

#4 saculrob

saculrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Sorry it is a GeForce 7000M. I managed to get it working now, just tricked windows into thinking it's running Vista :)

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users