Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Wireless Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ImSoWasted

ImSoWasted

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

Hi,

I just bought a second hand HP Pavilion dv6 NoteBook PC which I needed to load Windows 7 on when i got home. I noticed that when I tried to connect to my home wifi I couldn't becuase it didn't show up but I was able to connect to my mobile internet dongle. Is there anyway that I can connect to wireless networks?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Did you install the wifi driver ?

You can download it from the HP website.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Is it a usb 3g dongle that is being referred to as 'mobile internet dongle'?

Tekken

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

The wi-fi units in laptops can and do fail and as they are usually chips on the motherboard there isn't much you can do about them directly. A solution I have used very successfully is to put a USB wi-fi dongle in one of the USB ports. These are readily available, there are at least three or four different makes and umpteen different models ranging in price from about £UK 20 to £UK 50.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users