Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot disable or delete Microsoft System center 2012 endpoint protection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 luckynancho

luckynancho

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

The option to turn of the software is all grey out see picture i get "for your protection some settings are managed by your security administrator"

even thought i'm using the actual true administrator account not my user? 

I have access to regedit, gpedit all that stuff

I assume not virus

i would rather another antivirus because the microsoft is all so memory intense to some extent

Any help Would be greatly appreciated  

Attached File  Capture.PNG   144.84KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

Is this computer a corporate computer? If yes, your Company Administrator may block it.

(Please note that Network Admin have more priority than Local Admin.)

Also, why you want to disable it?

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 luckynancho

luckynancho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

I bought this computer from my school so when i finish it is mine I do give it back.  I run bootcamp so i can the internet. i like to use trend micro i have a paid account and the Microsoft one in my opinion is rubbish. also the microsoft one is using 50k memory so not ideal.

I sure there would be a way to ignore the network admin?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

<<I do give it back>>

<<I sure there would be a way to ignore the network admin?>>

MS System Center Endpoint...is an enterprise AV solution, the use of such indicates that the system belongs to an entity wth ownership/control over a variety of computer systems.  It is not a solution for individuals.

Since the system does not belong to you...any idea to evade established security policies incorporated by the authorized owner/agent...is a violation of BC forum rules.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 August 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#5 luckynancho

luckynancho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm sorry for the error I do give back= I don't give back
And I'm sure is the other error

Sightly rude to point out spelling errors seeing as English is not my first language

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

There's no problem about your language, many people here not have English as 1st language.

The best way to not violate any rules here and to not having problem with admin is to visit the IT department at school and ask him to remove it for you.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

I'm sorry for the error I do give back= I don't give back
And I'm sure is the other error

Sightly rude to point out spelling errors seeing as English is not my first language

If my intent had been to be "rude"...I would merely have closed this topic and taken your wording at face value.  Since I didn't do so...but merely pointed out the implications of what you had typed...IMO, that was far from rude.

But...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks for the clarification.

Louis

#8 luckynancho

luckynancho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Thank you for your troubles anyway

#9 hamluis