Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access files in XP Mode (VM)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greatchap

greatchap

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a laptop running Windows 7. I installed Microsoft Virtual PC and installed Windows XP Mode. Everything is running fine. I have some programs running in Windows XP mode which creates files there. I want my host os (Win 7) to access those files. What should I do so that my program running in windows 7 can access files present in Win Xp (XP Mode). The Xp mode should share my win 7's internet like it does right now.

I will be glad if anyone can help me.

Thank you,

Cheers,

GR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

Try this :

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/25726add-9ee8-4be7-a007-7f2a499190bf/how-to-access-xp-mode-my-documents-folder-from-a-windows-7-explorer

and this :

http://www.pcworld.com/article/204720/network_win7_xp_mode.html

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 greatchap

greatchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

Thank you for your help. :)

According to the solution I have to use the network adaptor and access the host pc (win 7) on network like I am accessing any system on network. This is a problem for me as it will lead to very slow performance. Is there any workaround for this ?

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

I don't know that there is a way to use this method without use physical device. What I do is ;

1.Use Network connection wizard to configure connection in VM.

2.Change Network connection device from NAT to my wireless adapter.

3.Go to Win7, right click at my computer and add network location, select my shared folder in VM.

4.OK

I will reply when I make some progress.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#5 greatchap

greatchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users