Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio AGC control software. What do you use to make all the same level?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hello all.

I have been pestered by all my MP3s being recorded at different levels and intensities. 

I use Roxio VHS to DVD which has the Roxio "Sound Editor' included for transfering my 45 RPM singles and 33 1/3 vynil LPs to my computer.

My collection consists of every conceivable genres under the sun, so there are varying degrees of frequncies in all my finished MP3s one from the other.

The end result, is music that is below 60% and others that are over 100%, under modulated audio to over modulated audio.

Now for the most part, I have re-edited some in Roxio by either raising the volume bar or lowering it, then saving the file with the lowered or increased volume.

With my current 1434 MP3s, this is a rather tedious task.

I have tried MP3Gain software and with its default setting of 98.3 and tried converting all 1434 files to where their track gain was all at 0.

MP3Gain:

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=MP3Gain

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

I did not like the results because it made all the songs sound as if their low frequencies (base) were stripped out of the songs. I am not exactly sure 100%, what they lacked, but I could tell something was missing from the converted ones versus the untouched ones. 

I plan on doing more research on MP3Gain software and what settings are best when a music library consists of various genres of music.

I was just curious what the rest of you use for software and what your opinions are.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 11 August 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hi Bruce :)

Not sure if this would help you as both programs being mentioned I'm not familiar with... sorry. Been using this for quite some time on different format conversions with simple UI.  Have to use the Custom install and uncheck box option to avoid this bloatwares.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Audio-Converter.htm#.UgnaPz8Wxzs

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users