Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Illustrator, Photoshop Freezes On Save/open File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blueczar

blueczar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image

Adobe creative suite 2 with photoshop and illustrator just arrived yesterday but I have had the most annoying problem - when trying to save or open a file, if I press on the buttons to the left (see picture) which are the locations of where the file would be - my computer, my documents etc. the program freezes with a "not responding" message. clicking on the + or - folder things to the right sometimes works, but other times it also freezes it giving the not responding message. I have to close the program using CTRL+ALT+DEL. I am not sure what to do since I dont want to start working on something knowing that it may freeze and I lose everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:48 AM

Try re-installing it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

Hi blueczar
I noticed in your image you seem to be working off the J drive?
Is this a network drive, partition, etc?

#4 blueczar

blueczar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

thanks for the replies, I just realised you could view it by "OS dialog" which brings up the same way of saving as in windows rather than what it had been under - "Adobe dialog" and there isnt problems with that, so it should be ok as long as I dont go back into adobe dialog.

Hitsquad, the J drive is a maxtor "one touch" external disk drive, although the problem was with clicking on the folders on C: such as My Computer as well

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:25 AM

Glad to see you've got it sorted. :thumbsup:
Using the Adobe dialog can slow your system down but it does give you a few extras like browsing documents with full file information or as thumbnail previews, seamless linking to Version Cue projects and so on, but nothing "critical".
There are a couple of updates for CS2 I'd recommend you install though.
One's a security patch for Photoshop, the other addresses issues with Illustrator.
You can get them here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users