Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ransom ware causing lots of problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 bg23

bg23

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Greetings,

I have gotten help from you before, so I am hoping you can help again.  I have some type of Ransom ware and it is making it nearly impossible to do anything, including most of the normal techniques to eliminate it.  I can only access the "guest" side of my computer.  Cannot seem to access the guest side during a safemode start up.  Cannot access the admin side of safemode either, as it immediately shuts my computer down.  Since I am not an administrator, I cannot run DDS.  I have been able to run MWAB, but each scan finds a trojan, then I restart, and it has all the same problems and finds the same trojan again.

Very frustrating.  Hope you can help soon.

BG 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bg23

bg23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hello again,

Not sure if this will help at all, but I am able to run Farbar.  It appears around the time that the virus hit, there was a program file created called: C:\programdata\2433f433.  This is also the same Trojan information that comes up on MWAB.  MWAB also comes up with this: c:\users\aa533985\templates\2433f433.  I delete them from MWAB, but they come back right back.

Thank you again for any help you can provide.

BG

#3 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
  • Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....   vegeta_zps7f4345cf.gif   Let's get going!!  
----------

FRST.jpgFRST

Download the 32 bit or 64 bit version for your system of FRST and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
      System Restore
      Windows Complete PC Restore
      Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Command Prompt
  • Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64)  and press Enter 
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

----------

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#4 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Still with us??

WFxJwA4.png

#5 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

WFxJwA4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users