Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restore points : set-up automatic restore points ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qmuddy2

qmuddy2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

just did a system restore, there was only 1 restore point (08/09/2013) : how can i set-up automatic system restore points, so i have more, older  restore points ?  (like xp);  do i have to use one of my security softwares (eg, zone-alarm or microsoft security essentials, etc. )  thanks

how can i set-up more automatic restore points, and stop system from deleting old restore points ?  thanks

Mod Edit:  Merged topics, asking same question, same issues.  Pllease do not ask the same question or raise the same issues more than once...if someone has an answer, they will respond and posting the same thing twice is not going to elicit a response any sooner - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 August 2013 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Usually when doing a system restore you are offered a default restore point, the latest, but there is a button to select different ones. Clicking on this will reveal  a list of all available restore points.

While you can manually create a restore point at any time, Win 7 creates them automatically in the event of critical updates and significant software installs. I will admit I do not know what the limit is in terms of the number of restore points Win 7 will save automaticcally, but if you find your way to 'system Environment Variables' through control panel, or 'God-mode' if you have that set up, you can increase the amount of space allocated to restore points and this should increase the number of points saved.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 MzLindyOne

MzLindyOne

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

You can increase the space allotted and that will allow more restore points.

Control Panel > System > System Protection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users