Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 soundcards in 1 system or workaround?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crnppscls

crnppscls

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

So the front panel headphone socket in my pc doesn't work. I tried re-soldering and even trying to aquire a new socket to attach to the pcb on the front panel but it seems they are not generic to the case/pcb i have etc.

So..... What i want to achieve is to have my speakers for gaming and my headphones for comms at the same time, i miss having quality for music i listen to.

To get round this initially i bought a usb pen sound card for my headphones but the quality is abhorrent. I have a pair of Seinheisser 360 headphones, so i guess i want to justify spending what i consider a resonable abount on the headphones to the quality i am getting.

What i'm looking at doing is buying a audigy/xonar sound card and having the speakers thru onboard and headphones thru soundcard because i guess from what i read you can't have both (speakers and headphones/mic) on one soundcard.

Is this a viable solution ? Will i get conflicts if i do this ? I don't really want to be splitting wires from my mobo connector and attaching sockets because my eyes are shot, or getting another case.

I guess why i am posting here is that maybe there is something fundemental i am missing, i'm not too clued up on how audio works on a pc, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Edited by crnppscls, 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yes it can be done and there is a good explaination  of how to do it here ...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/13240-63-using-sound-cards-board-installed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users