Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Iconia tab a500 recovery failed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mcmaur_*

Guest_mcmaur_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

Trying to install a new ROM a lot of time ago something goes wrong. Now I have the custom ICS but I cannot neither install a new ROM or do the factory reset. Any help?

Image:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-yNVqjtfhuITUc1dGh0bmtDUFk/edit?usp=sharing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

It looks like a soft brick, but I can't read the screen to well from your post. Go here and look for tools such as "ODIN" for your device and read up on how to use and apply it. It should basically allow you to connect your PC to your device via USB and restore your original image...which I hope you backed up...or apply a new image. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133 Best of luck! Zen

#3 Guest_mcmaur_*

Guest_mcmaur_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Odin is only for Samsung and there isn't a software alike for Acer. I will try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1585907

#4 Guest_mcmaur_*

Guest_mcmaur_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

I'm too noob and I'm not able to follow the guide :)

#5 Guest_mcmaur_*

Guest_mcmaur_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

I followed this:
1. you need yr cpuid ti do this, pls read how to get this in ny cpuid guide, scroll down bout halfway of first post. 
2. you need acer and adb drivers which are in my root guide. 
3. Then go to the dev forum. There are 4 or 5 stickies there. Look for user civato's unlocked bootloader guide.
4. Follow the first 4 steps of his guide.
5. Put yr tab in apx mode.
6. Run the v8 bat file and choose yr recovery. Cwm 1.7.3
7. Flash.
8. Boot directly to cwm and flash yr custom rom.
9. Reboot. 
10. Done!!!!
11. In total, thus will take a couple of hours at least. 
12. Do not deviate from the steps! !!!
13. Use win7, xp or vista or Ubuntu
14. It will not work on 64bit or win 8.

It worked

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know you found a solution.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users