Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games unplayable on my new pc.Something holding it back.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Miraioh

Miraioh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

My problem is as the title says.

About a week ago i bought myself a new PC with the following specs- 

Dell Inspiron 660
i3-3220 @3.30ghz
6gb
Geforce GT 620 4gb

Before this i had a PC which was less capable to say the least ,i don't recall all the exact details about its specs but i remember it was running a dual core processor with a GTS 250 graphics card.

The problem right now is that as of now i've tried out the following games on my new PC: DOTA 2 , Planetside 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 and all of them run extremely poorly:i haven't checked the exact number of FPS but it is extremely low.

Planetside 2 i can actually understand since it's an incredibly demanding game so we can hopefully scratch that out of the equation for now but DOTA 2 and Bad Company 2 should most definetly run much better than they do right now since they both ran smoothly on my old rig.I have a great number of other games as well on my steam account,most of which i haven't installed just yet but i'm pretty sure those will run just as badly now.

The thing is ,i don't have a clue as to what exactly might be holding my system back so any suggestions and possible solutions would really come in handy.

At first i thought this was a windows 8 related issue since loads of people are complaining that it is holding back gaming performance so i installed my copy of Windows 7 but the problem still persists.

Also i'll list the things that i've already done so far:updated and also reinstalled my graphics card drivers,checked if all my processor cores are working,unparked all my cores,messed around with NVIDIAs settings (disabled v sync and such) but still no solution.

Of course i'll post any necessary additional info if it is required.

Help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Planetside 2 requirements:

Recommended System

• OS - Windows 7
  • Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
  • Memory - 8 GB RAM
  • Hard Drive - 15 GB free
  • Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
  • Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
  • Sound Card - DirectX compatible

Brutal honesty time:  Your new system isn't a very capable gaming system.  Just because it may meet minimum requirements, doesn't mean it will run a game smoothly.  Main problem is the video card.  It is an OEM NVidia GT620 with 1 gig of DDR3 RAM.  That is not a gaming card.  It is woefully slow.   Slower than a GTS 250 by a lot according to this.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTS-250-vs-GeForce-GT-620

EDIT:  Sorry about the popups on that link, but it is the only place I could find a comparison.

Edited by dpunisher, 11 August 2013 - 12:23 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Morghur

Morghur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Planetside 2 is trully fantastic game and is coolest free multiplayer online game released latetly, however is VERY demanding game.

Anyway I fully agree with dpunisher

#4 crazybluntz

crazybluntz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

thats a bad card thats why

#5 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

The graphic card is obsolete,I remember,I having,it needs at least +2 GB of RAM. However,it runs fine on my ex-gaming PC (now broken,due to RAM overload,I tried to upgrade from 8 gigs to 16 gigs.),which had the same graphic cards,but the rest of recommended requirements.

#6 Dylanobyrne1

Dylanobyrne1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Bad card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users