Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working, blue screen of death, monitor saying there's no input.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

In February 2012 I bought a desktop PC in the firm Gorenje and both summers I had some issues with it.

The first summer I was making a video for a friend of mine using Windows Live Movie Maker, my computer crashed in the middle and I got the blue screen of death, that was the only time that year that my PC gave me the blue screen of death. I had no other problems that year.

And hen this year I got this.

The first one was when one of my hard drives ran out of space somewhere in July, I asked my uncle if he could help me figure out what was wrong and he found out that safety copies were clogging up my hard drive, I wasn't there when he was fixing it so I don't know what he did, then my PC was working like it should.

Until now somewhere in the beginning of August. One night it randomly turned itself on, I always keep it in sleep mode, and I was about to turn it off when it turned itself off, I just shrugged it off and went back to bed, then a few hours later I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to just browse the internet for a while, I tried to wake it up from sleep mode by pressing the space bar, but it didn't, then I though that maybe the powers went out some time in between so I tried to turn it on only to find out that it was in sleep mode. I then tried to log into Tumblr but the keyboard wasn't working, the mouse was working. I checked in the back and no cables were pulled out, so I thought I'd reset it, but it then crashed and I got the blue screen of death, then it reset itself and after a while the monitor was blank and said that there was no input

Can someone please help me? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

One step at a time !

Make sure your computer is switched OFF, then pull the power plug out for at least 30 seconds. Plug it back in, switch on the computer.

Do you see the BIOS screen?  Does the computer then start normally ?

If you don't see the BIOS screen, are you getting any lights on the front panel showing on, or flickering ?  The power light should be steadily on, the hard drive and optical drive lights should flicker. If the power light is not on, you may have a faulty power supply.

If you get to see the BIOS screen and the display then goes blank, restart and press the 'F8' key while you can see the BIOS screen. This should bring up the 'Boot Options Screen' which is a black screen with white text on it. Use the Up and Down arrows to select the option 'Last Known Good Configuration'. This should start your computer in a condition before this trouble started.

If it doesn't, post back and tell us whether or not you could see the BIOS screen, and give the make and model of your computer. And for the future, don't put your computer to sleep when you are not using it - turn it off.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users