Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Uninstalling Programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pollo_5_21230

pollo_5_21230

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any other way to uninstall programs rather then the menu in the control panel? Basically I am having trouble with McAfee. I got infected with a virus and had to do a system restore a few days ago. Ever since I get error messages about McAfee Security Center missing components and needs to be reinstalled. When I try to uninstall it, I get an error message saying that McAfee can't be uninstalled because it is missing components. Is there another way to get rid of it? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

There is a way to get it out of your system but it involves going thru the registry. I am sorry I will not help anybody thru the registry editing thru here or email it is too dangerous. I would suggest calling McAfee's tech support and have them take you thru getting rid of their product and in this case I believe this is the correct thing to suggest.

McAfee tech support link

http://www.mcafeehelp.com/selectSupportTyp...lution=1024x768

Go to this link and you will find all sorts of proper help and correct help for this problem.

Good luck

#3 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

Your best bet would be getting help from the Mcafee website. Most everything I asked for help with my mcafee sofware they gave me the solution. The solution as ThorXp said is contained within that link.
William Montgomery Walters

#4 pollo_5_21230

pollo_5_21230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I will give it a try

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

You could always try Uninstall Plus! It is a program that is available on a trial basis HERE. I use it regularly and like it. Not only will it start a specific program's uninstaller, but then it will search the registry for any traces of the deleted program.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

Try this site:
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?siteID=1&resolution=1024x768

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users