Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to configure a Wanscam camera on a FTP server?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 christiaanW

christiaanW

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

I recently bought 2 Wanscam Camera's for outdoor security.

I was able to configure the camera so it will send an email with picture on alarm, but so far unable to get FTP working for logging.

I have a NAS220 blackarmor from Seagate, which I hope to use as logging device for monitoring.

By default ftp to the NAS220 is done to the root directory of the server, which does not allow any files to be transferred, message 550 permission denied is given.

So when doing ftp from the camera to the ftp server, a directory other than the root should be selected, but the Wanscam camera does not have an option to select a ftp directory (as far as I know).

Has anyone experience in configuring the Wanscam camera for ftp and willing to help me?

Find attached a worddocument with the current configuration.

In that configuration, a wel known working ftp server is used, when testing the test says succeeded, but no pictures are logged on the server!

Thanks Chris

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users