Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill8104

Bill8104

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

What does this mean: Warning!!! Please insert USB key. Press any key to check. How do I fix this? My computer is custom built, when I turn on the computer the fan doesn't come on the peer supply. The fan is running on the CPU. The fan on the back of the case is not working and the fans on the video card are barely working. The lights are on the motherboard. Any help/advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

error comes up before windows starts ? were you doing a BIOS flash with usb drive ? computer seems to be looking for flash drive attached and in use during last shut down.

No fan on power supply not good. many erratic things can happen with hot supply. You can try replacing the fan but the damage may already be done to the supply, I would install a new power supply.

Video card fans can be sprayed with a contact cleaner/lubricant (important that cleaner also has lube) to try and get extra life out of them but a replacement is best before the card burns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users