Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash player...this is being posted from my smart phone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tillie42

tillie42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Secunia,which I have used for years,had instructions for stopping Flash player from continuously attempting to. Update. I used the uninstall tool then emptied the Flash folder. NOW...the computer has no opening screen to signin on, can't boot in safe mode 'cause there is nothing on the screen; ditto for using my 'drivers and Utilities' CD. Whatever can I do?????? Responses will be seen on my phone, of course,.....my contact with the outside world :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Since you have posted in the Win 7 section, I assume this is your operating system. I think you are going to have to do a REPAIR install of Windows, if you have the installation disc. If you don't have a disc but do have an activation number (which should be somewhere on the computer case) then you can borrow one from anybody and use that along with your own number.

Power up the computer, open up the CD drive, put the disc in and re-start and it should now boot from the disc. If it doesn't, check in the BIOS that the optical drive is first in the boot priority list, and change it to first if it isn't. When it boots from the disk you will be asked for language and keyboard preferences, then you will come to the screen where you have a choice between 'Install' and 'Repair'. Choose REPAIR and the repair system will start.

Given what you say above, it may well not work, but it will ask if you wish to restore Windows to an earlier point in time. Choose 'Yes' !  After a moment or two the 'Restore' screen will appear and it will list the latest restore point. If this is from before you made these changes with regard to Flash, use the offered choice. If it isn't from before this date, there is a 'Select other restore points' button. Click on this and you will see a bigger list. Select one from before the problem started, then click 'Restore'. It takes a few minutes, but you should be back to a working condition.

You will, of course, have all your Flash back as well. This time, take a more gentle approach to solving whatever problem you have with Flash !

If the above doesn't solve your Windows problem, post back with details of your computer - make model, etc.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users