- Download Security Check by Screen317
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
- Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
- Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode onto your desktop.
* Close all open programs and internet browsers.
* Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Click on Delete.
* Confirm each time with Ok.
: Your computer will be rebooted automatically, and a log file will open after the restart.
* Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
* You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
- Please Download TDSSkiller
Click on change parameters
- Select TDLFS file system
Click on "Scan
Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)
Do not change the default options on scan results.
Finally - Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
This is best done with Internet Explorer, but directions are left for other browsers -
1.Hold down Control Key and click HERE to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2.Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3.NOTE :.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- .Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- .Double click on the ESET Online Scanner icon on your desktop.
5.Click the Start button.
6.Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8.Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time to download the program for a first time, and then download updated data base (1 to 2 hours is not unusual)
10.When the scan completes, click List Threats
11.Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12.Click the Back button.
13.Click the Finish button
If any scan logs are too long to Copy / Paste here, just break them into 2 or more posts -
Using Blacklight to detect and remove Rootkits from your computer From an Onsite Tutorial -
We can see how these go, and follow it from there -
Edited by noknojon, 10 August 2013 - 10:49 PM.