Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Web Hosting Allowing Html Like Tripod Used To Have

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chuts

Chuts

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I've use Tripod for many years to host my websites.  Now they've changed and don't allow html anymore on the free sites.  They've changed the free sites to something called Zeeblio for building a site which they claim makes it easier but for some reason it seems more difficult to use, at least I find so.

So I'm looking for a free web hosting service that allows html. I want to build my web page using Kompozer then upload the files to the free server.   I did a search in this forum but didn't find anything that is really what I want.  Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Simple, Google - "Free web hosting" and youll find loads

#3 bluelogic

bluelogic

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

wordpress.com? blogspot.com? they all do it.

#4 Chuts

Chuts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks.  Yes, google brings up lots of links but none with what I needed.  All claim to make it "easier" to create a website but on their terms, so to speak.  Wordpress looks like it might work.  I have to look into it some more.

#5 terlan

terlan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

The old saying "you get what you pay for" springs to mind. There are a ton of free web hosting services out there and if your sites are just hobby sites with low traffic you can probably just cherry pick a few and try them out till you find one that works for you. thefreehosts.com has a list with reviews of hosting sites you can start with.

But if your sites are of a commercial nature or you want to grow them into that direction, make the jump to paid hosting. You can find it from as little as $1 a month. And you'll get more support from a paid hosting service than a free one most of the time.

Edited by terlan, 11 September 2013 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users