Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notebooks with CAPS LOCK indicators

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Fox

Lone Fox

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'm in the market for a notebook, but I REALLY want a model with a CAPS LOCK indicator; to be clear, an indicator on the keyboard itself (preferably).

1) I don't want one that pops-up onscreen, because my current one has a really ugly icon and the software doesn't work anymore since I updated to Windows 8.
2) I prefer the CAPS LOCK light NOT be located on the front of the notebook (usually where the power and HDD activity lights are), because then it would be slightly out of sight.

I contacted Toshiba (online) and asked about their new L50 series, and this is what I was told:
"...Actually, all Toshiba laptops have a CAPS LOCK key located to the left of the "A" key. In the upper right hand of the key, there is a small indicator light, which lights up when the key is pressed."
^ Toshiba Staff

Looking at the pictures: http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L50
I can not pick out any light, but maybe its so well integrated you cant see it? I would stop by Best Buy and check the L50's out, but for whatever reason Best Buy does not have this series, only the budget C50 and the ugly L58s.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

You won't be able to see the light until cap lock is pressed.

On my HP laptop the light is white, which lets me know cap lock is on. It's a small dot which cannot be seen when disabled.

#3 Lone Fox

Lone Fox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well, you CAN normally see the indentation and outline. If you go to newegg.com and look up Toshiba C55 notebooks you can see where the light is (they are off).

On that note, things aren't always as they appear in person; stopped by Best Buy today to look at the ATIV 4 notebooks and they don't look as nice as they do in the pictures.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

In your link, under "Keep Yoiur Finger On The Pulse"... Watch the Video.
At 40-41 seconds stop it and you can see the Caps Lock key to the left of A and the indicator light.

I have one and it is there.

Edited by boopme, 12 August 2013 - 03:57 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Lone Fox

Lone Fox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

purchased it, and it does have a CAPS LOCK indicator.

Was happy at first, but the sound quality is terrible - no low in through the headphone jack.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505569/unacceptable-headphone-jack-sound-quality-no-headphone-icon/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users