Hello tallguy -
Can you please run these few scans and this will give us a better idea of the problem.
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files
Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
*Close all open programs and internet browsers.
*Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
*Click on Delete.
*Confirm each time with Ok.
*Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
*Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
*You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
First read How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
This scan is best done with Internet Explorer, but directions are left for other browsers.
Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
1 .Hold down Control and click HERE to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 .Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3 .NOTE :.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
5. Click the Start button.
6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7. Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8. Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time to download the program for a first time, and then download updated data base (1 to 2 hours is not unusual)
10. When the scan completes, click List Threats
11. Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12. Click the Back button.
13. Click the Finish button
Thank You -