Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Movie File....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aljr21

aljr21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

I need help! and this problem is really bothering me!
I downloaded a movie file from limewire. The movie does not open, once its been opened(tried to open) it lags my computer such as windows taking a couple seconds to close or minimize. Also lags when i try to open or use anything else after trying to open this movie file. I can't delete it cuz everytime i try it says its being used by another program. Ive tried closing everything I can and try to delete but it does not work. It's obviously doing something when it's saying its being used. This is really bothering me , can anyone help me get rid of this file?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:02 PM

Limewire is bad news. Peer to peer sites such as Limewire are the main reason the average computer user gets infected. Do not use these sites, not only because they will infect you, but what is available for download is probably illegal.

A lot of sites will not help you if you have Limewire on your computer. But BC will.

For help with removing your infection I would like to refer you to the Highjack This (HJT) forum here at BleepingComputer.com:

First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within. (There are many important steps in this guide that may clean your computer.)

Second: Post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found HERE.

NOTE: Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait. It can sometimes take a few days for a response. If after 5 days you still have gotten no response, then post a link to your HJT log HERE.

Third: If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with Windows related to the removal of the infection, then come to the other forums and let us help you get your computer back to normal.

You are in good hands! Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

Limewire Basic is bad. But if you get the Pro version for a small price then you are fine. If you want to fix most movie problems then download the Windows XP Codec Pack and most all video as well as audio problems should be fixed. Unless of course the file you are downloading is just put up on limewire to be a joke. I have ran into this lots of times. I have the Latest version of LimeWire Pro.
William Montgomery Walters

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

But if you get the Pro version for a small price then you are fine.

According to a recent university study, 80% of what is downloaded at P2P sites will infect you. Period. Our HJT forum is full of people who have been infected from P2P sites, Limewire, Kazaa, Bear Share, etc.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users