Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Laptop FPS drops

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cbarrett

Cbarrett

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey guys, 

My Asus gaming laptop has been having trouble running games lately. About a week ago everything was running smoothly, but now most of my games are having fps issues. 

For example: The game Dark Souls was running fine about a week ago but now its running at such low fps that the game is unplayable. Sleeping Dogs had not as dramatic issues, but I had to drop the graphics setting to low for it to have decent FPS. Games like Torchlight 2 and even the Binding of Issac had frame rate issues. I have been running these games on my External Hard drive and I am unable to download them onto the C drive because it is nearly full. Anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks!

-Cbarrett

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cbarrett

Cbarrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

The game Hitman absolution seems to be running fine. Should I just try re-installing the games?

#3 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Have you tried updating the drivers? Re-downloading the games would be a possibility. You said you have been running the games off of an external hard drive. Have you always been running them like this or just recent because of some other issue. I would maybe invest in a larger hd to save all the games you normally play or maybe an ssd. I would first update video driver, then clear up some space on hd, and make sure that there is no virus on it just to be on the safe side. I would reinstall game and see how it plays. Another thought came to mind is internet speeds. I hope this helps

#4 Morghur

Morghur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Asus gaming laptop? G53 or G73? I got G53 :) well reinstall everything, probably you need delete everything. Maybe it's a virus or malware? Or maybe you need more space on your hard drive.

#5 Cbarrett

Cbarrett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I am going to re install windows and see if that helps. Thanks for the tips guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users