Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop for college/gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ubernoober13

Ubernoober13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am not looking for a computer yet because I still have a year before college. I just want to know if it is possible. I am going to be majoring in Comp Sci and Computer so I will have a pretty nice laptop. I was just wondering is it possible to have a nice laptop for gaming as well as school work? I am going to bring my current laptop (HP pavillion g7) as well as buy another one. I was just wondering if it is possible for a laptop. I know it is possible for a desktop but I have never really heard of gaming laptops. I am not trying to find some sort of super amazing gaming specific laptop, just one that will allow me to play games like Battlefield 4 with no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

There are multitudes of gaming laptops, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

Most sites like cyberpowerpc, or ibuypower have custom laptops you can get, or you can get off the shelf stuff.

Actually MSI just released this monstrousity that rivals my current desktop, its a little pricey (starting at 1800) but this just gives you an idea of the power of things.

#3 catnapgood

catnapgood

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

You may have a hard time finding a gaming laptop for under about 1,000-1,800$ I was just looking into laptops a bit ago myself cause I also have about a year until I'm heading away.

I was looking for something light-weight, long battery life, and a quick boot; with just enough power for note-taking, browsing, and word processing.

The ultrabooks looked amazing, but they sure are expensive. 

Though I would try to stear away from those for gaming, some people have gotten good results with them, but have terrible complaints of the lap-burning heat.

There just isn't enough space in those guys for the performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users