Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i wanna be a compter technician where to start ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 booyaka

booyaka

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

hello everyone

I would like to know how to become good computer technician no studies no school just from home.

well I know how to format PC under WIN XP, Vista 7 OS and install drivers (I use some driver pack, like driver pack 2013 or cobra, driver genius ..., something like that) but sometimes I have problems to find some drivers for some pcs, like display driver HD.

and I manage to get payed programs for free (like IDM...Power DVD... etc -crack and patch I know how to install crack when I have the crack and so on)
I have an averge knowledge how to troubleshoot, and i always format pcs for my friends and family they think im good.

so If you do have any tips, or videos on youtube that show me how to become better technician I would really appreciate that smile.gif

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

If you want to become a real technician get away from cracked software - It will only cause you trouble and at the point where you are getting paid you are effectively stealing money from the people who write those programs.

Build your own computer.

Get drivers from the source - you should be downloading drivers from the manufacturer unless you need to do something really special.

Find someone who is better than you and learn from them.  And listen to your Clients/Customers/People you fix computers for - don't bulldoze over them - let them tell you their complete problems (This being said - everyone lies, a technician will carefully, courteously, coax good information out of them; trust the machine logs more than the person but never accuse, scold, or berate people).

Read a good A+ certification book - I would reccommend CompTIA A+ (Exam 220-801 and Exam 220-802) Training Kit by Darril Gibson ISBN: 978-0-735-66268-1.  Ifixit.com has excellence teardowns of products that guide you in taking apart common popular products.  tomshardware.com has some excellent guides that help you select computer parts that will give you the most bang for you buck.

Get away from tools that do things for you - I see more people pretending to be technicians running automated tools to remove viruses and when those tools fail them they are lost.  An example of tools to really learn are Process Explorer By Mark Russinovich, AutoRuns by Mark Russinovich, DDS by sUBs, and FRST by Farbar.

Edited by AngryRaisin, 09 August 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#3 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

I cannot see any computer skills being acquired by dabbling about with a DIY profile of learning on the kitchen table and simply being a Wannabe. You have to take it seriously like any other involved and complex technical subject or trade and unfortunately spend a lot of time, several years or more studying theory and practice at college to progress to an advanced level of learning and competence. Otherwise it is like saying "I wannabe a train driver".

There is no quick way to learning a skill. My own time scale to becoming a practising professional engineer took about 7 years including University. You cannot just buy a paperback and soar to success.

No wish to be pedantic, but computer matters involve an eye for accurate detail and a logical mind  - rubbish in, rubbish out. I would suggest that in the thread title, "compter" should be "computer", not a good start for computer input eh ?

This guy was a Wannabe and did it the quick way :-

engineer4_zpseb4f22a6.jpg

Edited by yabbadoo, 09 August 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Well....from fairly low key beginnings.....sometimes great things are achieved....although the "home only: thingie is probably a bit limiting....

Interesting to note that even such a luminary as Bill Gates had his moments.....he was caught, along with a few friends, exploiting bugs in an operating system to obtain free computer time from PC's owned by Computer Center Corporation......and some time later he 'dropped out' of harvard..........BUT

My point is this....he DID NOT limit himself in any way

He was OUT THERE

Learning

Thinking

Doing

Also interesting to note that gates has not written code since about 1989.....he is the business brains.

All this aside.....if you want to "" know how to become good computer technician ""   take on the challenge....step up to the plate......LEARN....

be prepared to work for nothing just so you can Learn.

( and along the way learn the meaning of thinking outside the square )

Keep talking and communicating with people here......there is a depth of knowledge here that is quite unique.

Have a chat to people like rotor123 ....he is obviously a brilliant technician.

Don't put obstacles in your way....like...."' no studies no school just from home ""....it doesn't have to cost money .....for example the malware Study course here is FREE

Yes....I have been accused many a time of rambling on....

get a smile on your face.......stand tall.....don't listen too hard to those who criticize...

Regards,

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

start with minitoolbox...just kidding

but anyway, start with the research . this can mean simple marketing and it can also mean technical. So many of the problems people face with their PC can be grouped into a few categories. Malware diagnostics being the biggest one.

Then Data storage/restore.

Laptops, laptops and more overheating laptops

Hardware & software upgrades and compatibility.  

System recoveries. to name a few.

just a few categories make up to 60-70 percent of the common adversity that is mostly fueled by ignorance

Most folks will want them fixed the fastest and cheapest possible. Keep that in mind, and ask yourself, what do i need to learn to make that happen and deliver the goods for others, then get on the ball.

and over time then you might find yourself hitting paydirt if your good, .....  the deep pockets folks   ( I affectionely call them  " Pigeon Gamers " )

They get crazy with the cash they spend, I hate to compare it to something so ugly, but i compare it to addiction.

They are addicted to the most expensive hardware & components money can buy, only to find out 6 months later that their system is outdated and obsolete.... then what do they do,?  they break out the checkbook and spend some more because the new release of whatever came out.   If you can cater to those types on the side, that would be a cool market niche. but most of the time, you will just be backing data up and restoring systems and upgrading hardware and cleaning out clogged CPU heatsinks in laptops. That would be a good name for an entrepreneur  Techie    (example...Nicks PC Maintain & Sustain LLC )   then add  "New, used, commercial & residential).

Back in 2009, i was just a home user like 90% of the folks in PC circulation. Then my power supply blew out and my PC went black. I had choices to make...just like a guy who decides to work on his own car rather than spend the bucks  to have a professional ream  for extra remuneration in order to get it done right. I decided that i was going to get on the ball and look it up. i was ignorant but gaining knowledge fast.  i thought it would need the original OEM power supply to match specifications. that came with a proposed price tag of 320 dollars.   no way . but i wanted my PC back really bad, i was actually considering it. i took the time to look it up, and bam, replacement standard Power supply.  $50 at compUSA.  I didn't know if it would work or blow the circuits, but i did my homework and put it in myself and voila eureka, My PC is just like new.  Bleeping Computer Advisors were instrumental in providing the expertise to make that happen. I think the thread is still alive in the internal hardware section, there are a few laughs in there too. i reinstalled my cpu fan backwards. i think every reader got a chuckle out of that one

What i am getting at is this, all that legwork that i did, you can offer your service for a fee so that people can remain ignorant if they wish and they won't have to do any legwork themselves.  The only thing is..just like that professional car mechanic. if you are charging them the money, can you get it done correctly and on time? If you can, then your customers can say  "that service was worth the money" and  the word will spread to others like influenza and then you will be working 18 hour days exploiting ignorance for fun and profit.

Edited by synergy513, 11 August 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#6 booyaka

booyaka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

thank you for you reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users