Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel32.dll help PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 autigerfan

autigerfan

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Evening Partygoers,

Just did a clean install of XP Pro. After the install I came across the Kernel32.dll error message (when I was trying install AVG and Chrome). Thinking that there may have been a mistake on the install I did another clean install. Still the same thing so I ran the repair and still nothing.

Using Explorer was almost impossible because I was coming across another .dll error but I updated Java and that has helped tremendously. Cannot update flash player. When I go to the webpage the middle of the screen in blank and that is where I would download flashplayer (the rest of the page is there, just not the most important part).

Have tried to install SP3, last night when I was able to get to the webpage to download and install the PC just simply rebooted itself. Tonight the webpage would just freeze.

The main issue, at least I think so, is the Kernel32.  Like I said this is a new, clean install.

One last quick note, the  mshtml.dll would be the error which would cause the webpage to freeze and stop responding.

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users