Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to copy all .jpg files to a Zip Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I foolishly thought this would be easy but proving not to be.  :dance:

First How do I find all the .jpg files

How do I copy them (not move) to a zip drive without having to do it one file at a time?

Any help would be appreciated I seem to be getting nowhere.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

What operating system you have?

If WinXP : Go to the root folder of all jpg files (or select all local drives if you want whole computer.) click search all files and folder.

In all or part of file name, type in " *.jpg " without quotes and click search. It will list all jpg files found.

If Win Vista,7 : Go to the root folder of all jpg files (or go to my computer if you want whole computer.)

click on search box and type in " *.jpg " without quotes and hit Enter. It will list all jpg files found.

After you find jpg files. press Ctrl + A , right click and go to Send to > Compressed (Zipped folder).

If you use other compression program, you will find its option to compress files in the right click menu.

Thank you.

Edited by Sirawit, 09 August 2013 - 12:13 AM.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

thanks that seems easy enough except where do I do the right click thing - i.e. how do I designate then which files to include in the zipped folder?

I tried this but I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be doing the right click it just says Properties?

I am using Windows 7.

I'm talking about aprox 2,000 pictures scattered here and there on my computer.

It says Pictures 304    Files 1496

And after that at the bottom it says in blue SEE MORE FILES?

Edited by JayJax, 11 August 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

See this picture.

jlwlbCe.png

^^^ This is step 4.

Note:

If you want to exclude some pictures, before right click, hold down Ctrl Button and click on pictures to exclude.

If you want to include some pictures only, don't use Ctrl + A, hold down Ctrl and click on the picture you want to add.

Thank you.

Edited by Sirawit, 12 August 2013 - 01:45 AM.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users