Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making a bootable usb drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ttown5255

ttown5255

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I am trying to make a bootable usb drive so I can remove a ransome virus from a laptop using Windows 7 64 bit. The computer I am trying to make the bootable disk from is also running Windows 7 64 bit, but the only drive option for putting the system information on is the dvd/cd drive and I can't add the virus removal files to the cd. Any suggestions.

Edited by hamluis, 09 August 2013 - 01:23 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Try to run OS in safe mode, or use some antivirus program firstly, and then continue to create a bootable usb drive. :)

Edited by Judith1314, 08 August 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#3 jamesedwards399

jamesedwards399

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hi, I think Judith is right instead of making USB device bootable you must try to run your system in the safe mode and remove virus from there with the help of any best internet security. I am here suggesting you some of the best internet security programs

Kaspersky

Quick heal

Commodo

Immunet plus

Softonic

Panda security

Edited by jamesedwards399, 16 August 2013 - 04:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users