Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Probook 6550b Slowing Down.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 gkreations

gkreations

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

I have a user with an HP Probook 6550b Windows 7 64bit, 8gigs of ram in an AD enviroment.  When he first logs in, laptop runs perfect.  After about 1 hour to two hours on the network the laptop starts to bog down.  Laptop has had the motherboard and processor replaced, memory replaced, and hard drive replaced.  It has also been reloaded 4 times as well.  Below i have the hijackthis log from in the morning, and after that one the hijackthis log when the laptop is very slow.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Mod Edit:  Removed HJT logs, not to be posted in this forum since this forum does not deal with malware.  See No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ .  Issue seems unlikely to be malware, based on all hardware changes detailed, IMO - Hamluis.

Thank You!!!

Edited by hamluis, 08 August 2013 - 12:35 PM.
Removed HJT data - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

Have you verified that there's no overheaating problem?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 gkreations

gkreations
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Yes Sir, we even had the cpu fan replaced as well when the motherboard was replaced.   The other thing also, is that in the morning we get a good response time on it working fast, then slows down during the day and towards the evening, it starts working fast again.  Thank you for your fast response.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

gkreations has also posted about this issue in Am I Infected http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503730/hp-probook-6550b-starts-off-fast-slows-down-during-day-and-speeds-end-of-day/

To avoid confusion the topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users