Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Driver update issue.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

I recently used Intel's website to update a graphics driver. After I did this I noticed that my screen would blink every 2 or 3 seconds. I did not think much about it until I took the Laptop to work the next day and this blinking thing did not happen. I then tried it again at home and it started blinking again. I use a Verizon hot spot at home and use AT&T(wireless also) at work. Any idea what could cause this?

Edited by bwrighttwo, 07 August 2013 - 06:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

The driver installed from Intel could possibly be the culprit. Look for the correct video driver from your laptop manufacturing support site.

Tekken

#3 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

When I deleted the update my mouse and keyboard stopped working (on laptop). I ended up recovering back to before the update. 

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Ok. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#5 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Any ideas why it would cause my kb & mouse to stop working?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not sure what particular laptop model you were referring but certain software or driver install and uninstall could corrupt system files. That is why the best drivers for laptops are from your manufacturing support site which are particularly made for your BIOS, chipset, video, network and audio drivers. They are the stable and correct driver version for your hardware components.

Edited by jhayz, 13 August 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users