Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing Windows dll files and exe files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 PlumAmp24

PlumAmp24

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hello,

I am cleaning up after a infection on my computer and I am currently tiring to fix windows picture and fax viewer. I was told to run this "regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll" but I can see that shimgvw.dll is still in the win32 folder. He said that "The following command should force a reinstall of WP&FV"

Was this command going to remove the old shimgvw.dll and install it again?

I would also like to note that windows picture and fax viewer opens up and displays "generating preview..." and then closes after two seconds.

Thanks a bunch!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

You have an open malware topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501845/expiro-infection-2-removing-residuals/page-3 .  I see nothing that indicates that Nasdaq considers your situation resolved and I request that you pursue that topic to completion...before opening any new topics about this system.

To avoid confusion, this topic is now closed.  Once your malware topic is complete, you can send me a PM and I will reiopen this topic or you can start a new topic re any system issues you experience.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users