Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Query in phpmyadmin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dardeer

dardeer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi

i have a problem with my phpmyadmin about changing privileges

i am trying to build a joomla website, and then i noticed that i need a local server, so, i downloaded the WAMPserver

When i entered the localhost i figured out i need a database, so i went to phpmyadmin in order to create a database and it shows out that i don't have privileges.

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE PRIVILEGES TO BUILD THE WEBSITE

Thanks all!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

What's the exact error message that you get? You can access PHPMyAdmin, but you can't create a database? 

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

When you installed wamp, did you set up a default password for the database?

EDIT: Or are you trying to create a database somehwere you are not supposed to be?

Edited by groovicus, 07 August 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#4 SusanWhite

SusanWhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

What are you using - Linux or Windows?

You can install Apache, Mysql on Linux seprately and when installing mysql, you would be asked for username and password. Use that credentials and you would have all permissions.

sudo apt-get install mysql

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users