Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown (2) programs won't delete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polalor

polalor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks a lot B'g Computer People,

This is the second time I've used RKill, Adware, etc. When it came to the log, unlike last time, all the lines were forced together into one continuous very long paragraph so I could not read what I may have wanted to delete from the Notepad log. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. P.

PS: The two programs that aren't in Search here, are

1. www.logmein123.com. This appeared on the permanent menu, as "Run...," with documents, computer, control panel, etc. It's font is a bit smaller. When I click on it, (only left click in functional), it opens the run window but www.logmein123.com is already present. It is not to be found in the "Uninstall" or through search, or MS diagnostics, etc..

2. The Other one is Max Driver 7. Although it was deleted its tile remains in "Uninstall" but won't be removed as it "does not exist." This is a new one to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks a lot B'g Computer People,

This is the second time I've used RKill, Adware, etc. When it came to the log, unlike last time, all the lines were forced together into one continuous very long paragraph so I could not read what I may have wanted to delete from the Notepad log. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. P.

PS: The two programs that aren't in Search here, are

1. www.logmein123.com. This appeared on the permanent menu, as "Run...," with documents, computer, control panel, etc. It's font is a bit smaller. When I click on it, (only left click in functional), it opens the run window but www.logmein123.com is already present. It is not to be found in the "Uninstall" or through search, or MS diagnostics, etc..

2. The Other one is Max Driver 7. Although it was deleted its tile remains in "Uninstall" but won't be removed as it "does not exist." This is a new one to me.

Welcome to BleepingComputer!

Sounds like you have word wrap on in notepad (to turn it off go to format -> word wrap).

They both sound like leftovers if you have removed them from the programs already, and I wouldn't worry too much about them. So right-click does not work on logmein? Strange. If you really want to get rid of them, you could install them again and then use Revo Uninstaller to remove any leftovers.

Let's see if anybody else has any ideas on to deal with this, because I'm not completely sure on why they are doing this. Anyway, I don't think using malware tools are going to help you.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

This is known as a orphan file.  An orphan file is a file that exists in the target’s copy of the replication set data, but it does not exist in the source replication set data, this is why it still appears.

It is harmless, I would suggest just forgetting about it.

Edit:  Run the disc cleanup tool and see if it will delete the orphan file.

Edited by dc3, 07 August 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users