Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An add-on for this website failed to run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cueball119

cueball119

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

New Acer Aspire E1 with Win8 & IE 10 preloaded. Browser worked fine for several weeks then after trying to clean up a lot of the crapware I suddenly started getting this message. I also get it in Chrome. In IE I disabled all add-ons but still get the message. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Can you post a link to the one of the sites where you get the error message?

#3 cueball119

cueball119
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am having a problem answering you. I have done so three times and I get the thermometer but when I reopen the thread the reply is gone. When I closed the site and reopened it, my clipboard was empty (I copied the message). When I went to your profile to answer that way I was told a message had to be at least 3 characters and closed. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

At another's suggestion I tried using the full edit post and it worked to reply to them. I am now trying it with you.

In answer to your question, I can close the error window, sometimes click elsewhere on the screen, sometimes even move the mouse and then all is well. I am getting the error even on this page when I open it. I just ran ComboFix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/ and for the moment the problem is gone. I will update you if it returns. It says it is for pros only to use and it uninstalled my ETDware for my Touchpad and Softonic both of which I later reinstalled OK. I will let you know if the problem returns. Thanks again for your interest.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Since you ran ComboFix...I suggest that you initiate a new topic (following Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html ) in the forum hosting the Prep Guide.  You can also post your ComboFix log in the body of that new topic, along with the requested log.

Once that new topic is posted by you, this topic will be closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users