Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag/Laggy animations with multiple displays (Extend desktop)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iamazn

Iamazn

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have three of these monitors all connected to a single GTX 680. The center monitor is connected via HDMI and the two side monitors are connected via DVI. With only a single monitor enabled, there is no lag. When I enable a secondary or third monitor in Control Panel>Display>Extend desktop to this display, I get lag. FireFox scrolls unsmoothly and animations throughout Windows are sluggish. I have Minecraft opened on the center monitor. The ingame FPS counter always stays above 80 but "feels" like 40 FPS (it's not smooth). Any suggestions on what to do?

Enabling the secondary and third monitors with NVIDIA's Control Panel (Surround) doesn't give any lag but breaks window snapping so I'd really like to control the monitors with Windows Control Panel.

Edited by Iamazn, 07 August 2013 - 03:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,413 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

NVIDIA Control Panel

Looking at the above....it seems to me that you would like Windows Control Panel to have properties that are specifically provided by the NVIDIA tool.  I don't see how that can happen but I'm not very clever about these things.  As I understand it, Windows Control Panel is designed to provide basic functionality, not extraordinary capabilities inherent in the driver/support packages for hardware.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users