Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

miro keeps giving me pop ups that are blanke

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cojc1

cojc1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

evertime i use miro with pirate bay, there are pop up that come up from explorer that the heading says blank page

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

Hello -

The answer to that is reasonably simple - One must assume that you mean Trend Micro Antivirus program.

What you refer to is a very basic infection, that is about the first one we learn about at Malware School.

Due to the nature of the content on these sites (Pirate Bay), they contain many infections just sitting and waiting for you to visit.

Over 90% of those that use this site will visit our Malware Removal Area sooner rather than later.

The content is generally considered a breeding ground for new and existing malware, as it is not controlled in any way.

I would expect my M.S.E. and Malwarebytes programs to go off every few minutes as they are hit by a barrage of infections.

If you wish to use this site, turn off your Antivirus program, and you will have a clear run while you are there.

Thank You -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

evertime i use miro

Due to your writing (typos) I needed to assume you mean Micro as in Trend Micro - Please correct me if this is not correct -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 07 August 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Is this what you are referring to as "miro"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miro_(software)

Is this the the same item referred to at http://tpb.sourceforge.net/help/ ?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2013 - 09:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users