...I have never run into so many problems that I have never had before.
I am a 64 year old retiree and avid WoW player,and am one of the oldest female gamers around,I think.I love computers and am self-taught over the past 17 years.Everything was going smoothly in my computer-world,until Win8 arrived.
1. After Win8, MIE is at the top of my hate list.I cannot get rid of it.I understand Microsoft thinks we all think it's a gem,but I hate it now and have always hated it. I tried to get rid of it,but no matter wht I do,it takes over my computer.It's so intrusive!!
2. I have pop-up blockers running 24/7 and made sure of which pop-ups I will allow,but I cannot surf smoothly because of other blasted pop-ups.I also have anti-malware,and anti-spybot programs running.Also mywot.com.I have my firewall set up to allow certain websites,so that is not a problem.
3.what is an FLV player and do I need it? Somebody thinks so because I cannot get rid of the #$%^&** announcements that I have to upgrade. I use different media players and I am completely satisfied with thm. I don't want the FLV thing.
4. I thankfully downloaded the WinStart program,so I don't have to deal with a mess of garbage on my screen.
5. And should I dl Win8.1? Will it help clear up the mess???
6. I may be in the minority here,but I loved Vista and still have it on my 3 year-old desktop and I have never encountered any problems whatsoever. XP was my favorite,however.
I feel like I am drowning in garbage.
Thank you to all who reply.