Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons Changed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fenix1

fenix1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

In the morning when i go to my Computer i find that something is causing my Hard Drive to spin 90mph and according to Process Explorer it's obviously dllhost.exe as it's using 50% of the Processor. When i kill the process hard drive slows down to normal. Ran MBAM, Spybot SnD, CCleaner, and got nothing. Ran sfc/scannow, anti virus, etc. Thought it mightbe a "Rootkit". Ran TDSS Killer and it found 2 suspicious entrys. One was pfc.sys and the other was "somethin".stub I deleted both. Anyways it's still doing it each morning and NOW my Icons on my Desktop are 50% covered up with a small "Desktop Icon" on each one which is really annoying almost as much as dllhost.exe "messin' with me. Sure the solution is something simple...i just don't know whats "jumpstarting" dllhost OR what i deleted obviously that messed my Icons up...please any suggestions?...Thanx, Charlie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users