Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi from Montana...er...Outer Mongolia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 outermongolia

outermongolia

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've just spent an entire month fighting bagle worms and all my research for a cure kept sending me back to this forum. I've done everything short of throwing the laptop into the river. Am just keeping it running well enough until I can afford a Windows Vista copy to clean install. It is definitely a learning experience. Just wanted to drop by and say howdy! If there is any intelligence in the cyberspace, it's here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hey there outermongolia and welcome to Bleeping Computer.   :welcome:

BagleWorms - ugh, sounds nasty although I am partial to a nice toasty sesame seed bagel every now and then, hold the worms please.

Looks like this worm has been around for awhile (2008) and appears to be rather pesky, hope you get some help or, at the very least, that Vista copy soon.

Don't throw that laptop into the river just yet.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 outermongolia

outermongolia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks Winterland. Well, everytime I think i've won the battle, the worm changes the rules. Everything that I could find on this forum has been tried, and even worked for a few minutes. Yeah, I think this worm needs to die hard! After all this, I've begun to have evil thoughts of their punishment when they're caught. Must be time to go to the fair and relax. My son is taking this poor computer to Best Buy for a brain transplant next week.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

G'day outermongolia.....your topic is not going to get the attention it deserves posted here in Introductions.

Please post here::      http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

and give a good description of ::

1.  operating system

2. what 'behavior' led up to this problem

3. what course of action you have pursued to try and rid yourself of the dreaded bagle

4. any other info you might consider pertinent

I wouldn't mind having a friendly wager with you that the experts here can once more have you hollering yahoo to the delight? of your family !!!

and probably with a lot less 'pain' than you might expect !!!...

Regards,

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users