Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing back from cell phone

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 roserose

roserose

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hello all,

I would like to know how to remove the SECOND back from the cell phone.  After removing the first back, battery and sim card, there is another backing held in by some kind of strange tiny "screws" that can't be removed with a regular or phillips screwdriver.  These have a circle in the center.  Anyone know how or what tool to use for removing them?  (It's a tracfone)

Thanks for any help.  I have heard that removing the OTHER battery inside (size of a watch battery and controls the time, etc) in addition to the regular battery is the only way to prevent a creep I know from picking up my number (they use a scanner like the type the authorities have), then put spyware on my phone (so easy and cheap...just google it for a shock!) 

This person has been doing this for years, yet the local and state police are not technically equipped to handle such a thing; the creep laughs at them!  And the feds appear not interested...too busy with other more important stuff.  Like in Great Britain, I guess it will take some celebrities to be victimized for the gov't to act!   

Thanks,

R

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Do You mean something like this ?

TorxTamperdrive.jpg

If so that is a security torx when I need one I buy it at the local Electronics Wholesaler.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hopefully you're aware that removing the secondary cover will void any existing warranty that may be in effect.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Good Point!

I forgot to mention that. The first time I ran into these was a IBM desktop that had a bad fan in the power supply. They really didn't want you opening the power supply on that computer.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 06 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 roserose

roserose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks, rotor123!  I believe that is it, though they are so tiny it's hard to see!  Wonder if a place like Best Buy might have them? 

Thanks for the warning about the warranty, tho I don't care as it's just a cheap tracfone...I got tired of having to stop using expensive phones (even though I still had to pay the contract monthly fees) when they inevitably got "hacked".  Spent a lot of wasted money on this issue.  I'd do about anything to have complete security! 

Also considering a virtual private network for my pc, as now I'm reduced to going to the library for my internet needs...maybe I'll post in the other forum about it.

Thanks for your help!

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

I would not expect Best Buy to have them. A store that specializes in tools or one that sells parts for the electronic repair industry might.

I got mine at a local electronics parts store that sells to the trade as well the public.

Good Luck

Roger

167 @ June 2015

#7 roserose

roserose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thanks.  I just checked with Amazon (generally my go-to) and they do have a few sets reasonably priced.  Hard to know exactly what size I'd need, but they seem to cover most possibilities.  And they generally accept returns graciously.  Any opinion on their options for security torque?  I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

R

#8 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

Wow R!!!!!

Sounds very scarey?Maybe its wise to take out a restraining order along with that battery........no joke!

I just want to say ,Welcome to Bleeping Computers-the folks here could best advise you on security measures that could help you with your internet privacy issues,they are the very best!Look for the appropriate forum and someone will certainly assist you

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

#9 roserose

roserose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for your input, newbleeping!  I intend on getting a restraining order, though it's hard to prove this technology exists...even local police are completely in the dark.  Only the Federal gov't appears to be knowledgeable.  So most just find it easier to think it's not happening because it IS so scary!  As long as he knows I can't prove anything, he will continue to do this.

But we just have to ask ourselves; do the authorities have this kind of equipment (scanners for cell phone #'s and the like)?  Yes, we know they do.  And anything the authorities have can be gotten by the bad guys.  Indeed, the bad guys are often ahead and many have gotten reduced sentences for sharing their knowledge with the govt.  Just can't wait to get out of this box!

Bleeping Computers has been the best site I've found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users