Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alphabetize Favorites

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 carmanhere

carmanhere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hello. I am new to the site and would like to mention that viewing the contents, and the knowledge, of the members is great. As a new member, I would like to say I am a guy that leaves in Phila. I am retired but I work p/t as a DJ. I've have been looking at the contents, instructions and the suggested help by the members is great. In looking at the site the other day, I happen to come across a program that would alphabetize your favorites. Unfortunately when I came across it, I did not save it. Has anyone remember seeing it? If so, would you be so kind as to tell me the name of it, so I can try it?

Thank you very much,

carmanhere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

You didn't mention what browser you were using so I'll assume IE. But instead of going back and forth if that wasn't it. Here is a link for how to alphabetize in IE9, Firefox, and Chrome. As well as in Safari. Yes the Firefox and Chrome versions are dated, but I believe the methodology and ability remains.

And welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 carmanhere

carmanhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi Animal. Thank you the quick response to my question. That was fast.I have a question about your reply. I din't see the link for the program. You are correct as I am using IE. But I must be missing something in the post, so can I ask you where it is. Sorry

Thanks again,

carmanhere

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

OOPS!! Sorry about that. I got distracted by a phone call and clicked post before copying and pasting.

Here you go: http://www.wikihow.com/Alphabetize-Favorites

No software needed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 carmanhere

carmanhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thank you Animal for the link. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again.

carmanhere

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

You're quite welcome.

Let us know how things go. If it doesn't work we can hopefully find that app you once saw.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

@animal that was quite awesome.

*thinks briefly lost time scrolling thru bookmarks and moves on quickly*

totally worked for me! (chrome) Thank you! 

:thumbsup:

#8 carmanhere

carmanhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi Animal.

I actually thought that there was a different program that could/would put all you favorites in order other then the one that you suggested. I have always used the one you sent me but was kinda hoping that you had a different one. I have used AOL I guess since I started with PC's and I always have added my favorites there. AOL always transfers your favorites from their files as you upgrade AOL and therefor you never lose them. That's were I was hoping to use the favorites program. If you or any members happen to know of a program that I could use and be willing to share, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks again, Animal

carmanhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users